An Organizational Story
1.3 The new approach of the Commissioner’s Office
In keeping with its vision and values, the Commissioner’s Office has adopted the following strategic orientations to guide its activities:
- Increase the team’s practical knowledge regarding requests for and delivery of government services for linguistic minorities;
- Strengthen the team’s commitment to the vision and mission of the Commissioner’s Office; and
- Promote the contribution of all parties (the Commissioner’s Office, ministries, agencies and complainants) to resolving complaints.
The Office’s new approach arising from these orientations has five components:
- A paradigm shift in the processing of complaints;
- More focused, systemic interventions;
- Production of extensive investigation reports on subjects of importance to the development of Ontario’s Francophone population;
- Development of strategic partnerships; and
- Greater support for citizens caught in situations where they could be seriously affected by deficiencies in French-language services.